Follow @Mr_McCrackelz

Friday, August 16, 2013

Gone Home looks great for $10... but it's 20.


Gone Home is exactly what this industry needs right now. Grounded drama that couldn't exist in any other medium. The reviews are through the roof and I can't wait to play it once the market falls on it a bit.

I just picked up guacamelee for less than $15 and I'll run through that 7 hour game at least twice. So while Gone Home may stick with me for years as a breakthrough in interactive storytelling... I'm not entirely sure why it costs so much. There aren't any character models that I can figure from the trailer or reviews and it clocks in at around 3-5 hours.

Forgive my production naivete, but what does this game offer that a free source mod can't? It's the same reason I never bought Dear Ester, I'm sure it's great, but it just doesn't seem worth it. But when I do get around to Gone home I hope I eat those words.


No comments :

Post a Comment