Follow @Mr_McCrackelz

Saturday, February 20, 2016

The best part of Rogue Nation is the first 60 seconds.


Finally got a round to watching MI: Rogue Nation. It was just ok. I'd put it a teeeeeeeny bit above  Spectre in that RN manages to be slightly less incomprehensible. But I'm not here to talk about the actual movie. Today I'm all about the production credits!

Joe Kraemer is a man deeply in love with the Mission Impossible theme. That's a love I can understand. If it's not the greatest heroic theme ever written it's at least in the top 5. And since it took at least 4 companies to get that puppy in the air, he had a lot of room to build to it. By the time I learned China's answer to Amazon makes movies now, I was ready to love this movie.

Warming up a crowd is a thankless art and this man knows exactly what he's doing:


Admit it. You wanna see Ghost Protocol again now.


2 comments :

  1. You whippersnappers and your new impossible mission songs! Mission Impossible theme songs will never be as good as they were when I was at my most emotionally impressionable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I'm a whippersnapper to you! I've started checking ladies hands for rings... it begins.

    ReplyDelete