Follow @Mr_McCrackelz

Monday, March 7, 2016

I decided against the poster.


I was gonna frame that Bioshock poster. I was gonna hang it above my bed. But I chickened out a bit. Gaming has always been something I didn't like wearing on my sleeve. I'm always cautious about any unspoken statement I could make. I'm a mumbler and people have a nasty habit of misunderstanding things I say.

But I love nerd sh*t! So much. I have a lovely claptrap figurine atop my PC tower right now. I have a shirt that's my favorite background gag of all time. A shirt that uses Bioshock to make fun of the Big Brothers-Big Sisters logo. A shirt that just looks like the Las Vegas sign.

Things that have an inherent beauty or sense of humor that most people could appreciate. Because if I make a statement with things I wear or carry around, I want the right message sent. I'll be a gaming cultural ambassador. Inviting, not off putting. Plus, I've found it's a great way to be able to talk about New Vegas!

So yes. Borderlands phone case today... poster I'll have to explain to future lady friends, later.

4 comments :

  1. Oh come on, nobody would even know it was a video game design until you told them! Did the Very Special Episodes of TV shows during your childhood teach you nothing? You must be true to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embrace what is special in you and celebrate it!

      Delete
    2. Let your freak flag fly, Alex!

      Delete
  2. But the judge said I couldn't wear that psycho mask in public anymore!

    http://orig14.deviantart.net/1e21/f/2013/149/f/6/borderlands_2_psycho_cosplay_by_zammyy-d670pgr.jpg

    ReplyDelete