Follow @Mr_McCrackelz

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Enter the Gungeon has entered my heart.

You're playing on my spaghetti western fixation, ETG... and I'm gonna let you win.

Tuesdays are my Saturdays and today I felt like being bad and saving a dollar off ETG while I'm still barely a quarter done with Hyper Light Drifter. I'm a bad person, I know. But I also know that in the scant 10 minutes I've spent with ETG that I adore it. It's weird how some games take hours to grow on you and yet some scratch an itch so specific you're on board immediately. Care to guess where this game falls on that scale for me?

How they managed to fit this crisp art style into less than 200 MB is stunning. The tone and breezy dialogue are nailed down in the frikin' tutorial. Even if roguelikes aren't your thing, ETG will still charm you to pieces. I haven't played an indie this confidant since The Binding of Isaac and that was a long eff'ing time ago. Did any of you play that game for more than 10 hours? Then you need this. On a chemical level.


No comments :

Post a Comment